Manage episode 193557125 series 68074
This week we’ve taken a stroll around a parallel universe and watched some YouTube. Patreon updates it’s fee structure and then realises it was a terrible idea, Mozilla releases a speech-to-text engine, Oumuamua gets probed and Microsoft release the Q# quantum programming language.
In this week’s show:
- We discuss what we’ve been up to recently:
- Mark has been exploring Oxford in a parallel universe.
- Alan has been watching YouTube.
- We discuss the news:
- Patreon announce that they are Updating Patreon’s Fee Structure and the Internet caught fire. Since recording this episode Patreon have said, We messed up. We’re sorry, and we’re not rolling out the fees change.
- Mozilla releases Speech-to-text engine and a voice training dataset
- Oumuamua to be probed
- Microsoft’s Q# quantum programming language out now in preview
- We discuss the community news:
- We mention some events:
- This weeks cover image is taken from Wikimedia.
That’s all for this week! If there’s a topic you’d like us to discuss, or you have any feedback on previous shows, please send your comments and suggestions to email@example.com or Tweet us or Comment on our Facebook page or comment on our Google+ page or comment on our sub-Reddit.
176 episodes available. A new episode about every 8 days averaging 32 mins duration .