Manage episode 203195232 series 1402029
We all receive plenty of "let's get started" emails when we sign up for new software. Some of them stand out, the rest don't even get read. What makes the difference? Our guest today is the amazing Val Geisler, an email onboarding copywriter and strategist. You'll learn what exactly you should be sending to your new users, how much is enough, what subject lines and CTAs work best, and much more.
- ConvertKit — Val's previous place of work
- Matt Ragland — user onboarding specialist at ConvertKit
- Episode 100: Leveling Up with Patrick McKenzie
- Episode 92: Behind the Scenes of Userlist.io Research with Claire Suellentrop
- Litmus Live, Business of Software — some of Val's favorite conferences
- Mixmax, DeepDyve — some of Val's recent email onboarding teardowns (see more here)
- Why This Bootstrapped SaaS Requires a Credit Card to Signup for a Trial — an article by Nathan Powell at Nusii blog
- Tiny Reminder — Jane's previous SaaS (now acquired by Nusii)
- Episode 64: Making Freemium Work with Bridget Harris
- Val's website
- Download The Dinner Party Strategy, Val's free book on great customer experience
- Follow Val on Twitter: @lovevalgeisler
This episode is brought to you by Userlist.io — a new tool for sending event-based email to your SaaS users. Overwhelmed with existing automation tools? Try this simple solution for converting free trials, user onboarding, and promoting specific features in your web application. To learn more, join the waiting list at userlist.io.
Interested in sponsoring an episode? Learn more here.
Leave a Review
Reviews are hugely important because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes. Here's how.