Manage episode 203721518 series 1402029
Surprisingly, most web applications offer the same "out of the box" experience to all users — skipping on the opportunity to delight them with custom details. Today we talk about UX personalization with our special guest Samuel Hulick, the ultimate guru of user onboarding and the creator of UserOnboard.com. You'll learn how to make web app experience more suitable for each individual user, and how to approach personas, use cases, situations, sample data, and much more.
- UserOnboard — Samuel's website
- The Elements of User Onboarding — Samuel's book
- RightMessage — Brennan Dunn's personalization tool
- Baremetrics Demo — a live sample dashboard with their own real data
- Publishers Haven't Realized Just How Big a Deal GDPR is — a good article on GDPR
- UI Breakfast Podcast. Episode 30: Describing Customer Motivation (Jobs to Be Done) with Eric White
- The Anatomy of a Six-Figure Email Course — an extensive article by Brennan Dunn
- User Onboarding Best Practices — some of Samuel's best articles on user onboarding
- Follow Samuel on Twitter: @SamuelHulick
This episode is brought to you by Feedier. Sick and tired of non valuable customer feedback? Meet Feedier, the next generation feedback application. Understanding your rewarded and empowered customers starts now. No more time-wasting surveys. They win, you win! Sign up for your free plan at feedier.com/uibreakfast, and get your first 3 months free on the Standard plan if you decide to upgrade.
Interested in sponsoring an episode? Learn more here.
Leave a Review
Reviews are hugely important because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes. Here's how.
142 episodes available. A new episode about every 10 days averaging 39 mins duration .