Manage episode 207984589 series 1402029
What is a product strategy? More importantly, what makes a good one? Our guest today is Zack Naylor, co-founder and CEO at Aurelius. We talk about product strategy vs tactics, the objectives and key results framework, the elusive product-market fit, and customer research as the foundation for all of the above.
- Aurelius — Zack's product, user research and insights platform
- Aurelius Podcast — their podcast
- The Nerdery — Zack's previous place of work
- Why The Best Design and Product Teams Decide What, Then How — Zack's article on strategy vs tactics
- Objectives and key results (OKR) — a popular framework for defining and tracking objectives and their outcomes
- The Exact Customer Research Process We Used for Userlist.io — an article by Claire Suellentrop, Jane's co-founder
- Aurelius Podcast: Episode 18 with Patrick Campbell — an episode on customer development, user research for pricing and using data for better decisions
- Product/market fit — a term that defines the degree to which a product satisfies a strong market demand
- Ask 37signals: How do you say no? — an article by Jason Fried
- Radical Focus: Achieving Your Most Important Goals with Objectives and Key Results — a book by Christina Wodtke
- Just Enough Research — a book by Erica Hall
- Indi Young — a famous data scientist and researcher
- How to Win Friends & Influence People — a book by Dale Carnegie
- Follow Aurelius Blog
- Follow Zack on Twitter: @zacknaylor
This episode is brought to you by Userlist.io. This new tool helps SaaS founders get a better understanding of each individual user journey, and send users relevant behavior-based email. To learn more, join the waiting list at userlist.io.
Interested in sponsoring an episode? Learn more here.
Leave a Review
Reviews are hugely important because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes. Here's how.