Manage episode 209957031 series 1402029
Optimizing the trial-to-paid conversion rate is one the most effective ways to improve any SaaS business. Our guest today is Alli Blum, a SaaS onboarding optimization consultant. You'll learn how to define the user's path to success (and their common roadblocks), write onboarding emails based on research data, segment your users, and A/B test every step in your onboarding funnel.
- Alli's consulting website
- NomNom — Alli's favorite tool for aggregating customer feedback and user research
- Episode 30: Describing Customer Motivation (Jobs to Be Done) with Eric White
- Putting the (Onboarding) Cart Before the (Product) Horse — slides from Alli's talk at MicroConf 2018
- The Sustainable SaaS: What Permaculture Can Teach Us About Building Software — Marie Poulin's talk recap from MicroConf 2018
- Inside Growth at Wistia: The Process Behind Our A/B Tests — an article by Andrew Capland how they've ran over 150 A/B tests to improve their conversion rates
- Recommender system (recommendation engine) — a Wikipedia article
- Get Alli's free course on SaaS trial optimization
- Follow Alli on Twitter: @AlliBlum
This episode is brought to you by The UI Audit. Want to design web applications that are actually useful to people? This book will help you adopt a smarter approach to UI/UX — from product strategy to each individual screen. To get you copy, head over to uibreakfast.com/audit and use your special promocode SUMMERTIME20 to get 20% off any book package.
Interested in sponsoring an episode? Learn more here.
Leave a Review
Reviews are hugely important because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes. Here's how.
146 episodes available. A new episode about every 11 days averaging 36 mins duration .