Manage episode 210870416 series 1402029
Chats and messengers represent a huge design challenge: there's always room for innovation, but the users are deeply attached to existing UX patterns (think of the latest Skype update). Our guest today is Kostya Gorskiy, Design Lead at Intercom. We talk about their recent messenger redesign, peculiarities of popular chat platforms, and how to design a messaging interface for your own product.
- Intercom — Kostya's current place of work
- Yandex — Kostya's previous place of work as a design director
- Product thinking: behind our new Messenger home screen — an article by Brian Donohue
- Design for the Real World — a book by Victor Papanek
- Inside Intercom — Intercom's blog & educational resources
- Follow Kostya on Twitter: @k00
This episode is brought to you by The UI Audit. Want to design web applications that are actually useful to people? This book will help you adopt a smarter approach to UI/UX — from product strategy to each individual screen. To get you copy, head over to uibreakfast.com/audit and use your special promocode SUMMERTIME20 to get 20% off any book package.
Interested in sponsoring an episode? Learn more here.
Leave a Review
Reviews are hugely important because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes. Here's how.
146 episodes available. A new episode about every 11 days averaging 36 mins duration .