Manage episode 213165781 series 1402029
Every user is unique, yet we need reliable ways to group them into segments — so that we can understand them better and personalize their experience. Today our guest again is the lovely Val Geisler, an email onboarding copywriter and strategist. You'll learn why segmentation is so important for SaaS companies, how to implement it, and how to target your segments via email and other channels.
- Episode 102: SaaS Email Onboarding with Val Geisler — previous episode with Val
- ConvertKit (now Seva) — Val's previous place of work
- Userlist.io — Jane's SaaS product together with Benedikt Deicke and Claire Suellentrop
- RightMessage — a popular personalization tool by Brennan Dunn and Shai Schechter
- Episode 105: Website Personalization with Brennan Dunn
- Intercom, Drip — pre-acquisition email automation tools
- Drip, ActiveCampaign, Drift, Customer.io, Vero — post-acquisition email automation tools
- Kissmetrics — a popular analytics tool
- Val's website (make sure you subscribe for her famous onboarding teardowns)
- Follow Val on Twitter: @lovevalgeisler
This episode is brought to you by The UI Audit. Want to design web applications that are actually useful to people? This book will help you adopt a smarter approach to UI/UX — from product strategy to each individual screen. To get you copy, head over to uibreakfast.com/audit and use your special promocode SUMMERTIME20 to get 20% off any book package.
Interested in sponsoring an episode? Learn more here.
Leave a Review
Reviews are hugely important because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes. Here's how.
142 episodes available. A new episode about every 10 days averaging 39 mins duration .