Manage episode 214244804 series 1402029
Before designing anything, how do you figure out what your users need in the first place? Today we're diving into Top Tasks Management framework developed by Gerry McGovern, a famous UI/UX expert and author of six books on customer experience. You'll learn why addressing the top tasks is a key to customer success, and how to define and manage them for your project.
- Gerry's website — customer experience insights published since 1996 (don't forget to subscribe)
- Gerry's books
- Identifying Customer Top Tasks — Gerry's article on Medium
- Episode 111: Effective Website Navigation with Els Aerts
- SurveyMonkey — a popular survey tool
- Jared Spool, Jacob Nielsen — UX thought leaders that influenced Gerry's work
- Optimal Workshop — great user research tools
- MeasuringU by Jeff Sauro, This is HCD by Gerry Scullion — recommended UI/UX resources
- Customer Carewords — Gerry's consulting website
- Follow Gerry on Twitter: @gerrymcgovern
This episode is brought to you by Balsamiq, the super-simple wireframing tool that can help you focus your design on what really matters to your customers. Try it free for 30 days at balsamiq.cloud.
Interested in sponsoring an episode? Learn more here.
Leave a Review
Reviews are hugely important because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes. Here's how.
142 episodes available. A new episode about every 10 days averaging 39 mins duration .