Manage episode 215974134 series 1402029
Wouldn't it be great to have a logical approach to creative disciplines? Today we talk about "the web design equation" — a system similar to atomic design which uses mathematical principles. Our guest is Sean Doran, Head of Design at Wiretap. You'll learn how to think systematically about constants, variables, constraints, maximums, and minimums — concepts that we face daily in our design projects.
- Wiretap — Sean's place of work
- Val Geisler, David Sherry, Dennis Field — some of our previous guests from Sean's community in Columbus, Ohio
- The Web Design Equation — an episode of Sean's previous podcast, All of the Above
- Atomic Design — a blog post by Brad Frost
- Figma, Sketch, InVision Studio — popular design tools
- Graceful Degradation — an article at Zurb
- Mockaroo — random data generator for UI/UX
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- Sean's website
- Follow Sean on Twitter: @spjpgrd
This episode is brought to you by Your Productized Consulting Guide. Want to get started with productized consulting? This book will teach you step-by-step how to craft your offer, overcome client objections, write your sales page, and strategically plan your services line. To get you copy, head over to uibreakfast.com/productized and use your special promocode PODCAST20 on checkout to get 20% off any book package.
Interested in sponsoring an episode? Learn more here.
Leave a Review
Reviews are hugely important because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes. Here's how.