Manage episode 218311049 series 1402029
How do you find motivation and energy to create something new, something you've been dreaming of? Our guest today is David Kadavy, the famous author of Design for Hackers, and we talk about his latest book — The Heart to Start. You'll learn how to effectively start new projects, combat procrastination, find an audience, and fuel your creativity.
- The Heart to Start, Design for Hackers — David's books
- Love Your Work — David's podcast
- How to Write a Book, Make Money Writing on the STEEM Blockchain — David's "short reads"
- Self-discrepancy theory — a Wikipedia article
- The Taste Gap: Ira Glass on the Secret of Creative Success, Animated in Living Typography — an article & video at Brain Pickings
- Authority — a book by Nathan Barry
- Your First $10k — a guide for creating products by Amy Hoy
- Old Masters and Young Geniuses — a book by David Galenson
- Steve Jobs’ 2005 Stanford Commencement Address
- Seth Godin — Love Your Work, Episode 77
- David's website
- Follow David on Twitter: @kadavy
This episode is brought to you by Balsamiq. Dare to try new ideas and discover the best solutions without learning fancy design tools! Just drag, drop and resize elements into your wireframes — it's that easy. Try it free for 30 days at balsamiq.cloud.
Interested in sponsoring an episode? Learn more here.
Leave a Review
Reviews are hugely important because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes. Here's how.