Manage episode 221392152 series 1402029
What features should you build next? Will your product be ever "done"? How to avoid "building yourself into the corner"? Our guest today is the awesome Emily Tate, US General Manager at Mind the Product. You'll learn how to prioritize new features, create roadmaps based on user research, and ignore "squeaky wheals" while focusing on truly important product work.
- Mind the Product — the world's largest community of product people
- Pivotal Labs — Emily's previous place of work
- Episode 121: Managing Customer Feedback with Sofia Quintero
- Critical Thinking for Product Teams — a talk by Teresa Torres sharing her opportunity solution tree
- Before You Plan Your Product Roadmap — a post by Des Traynor about feature audits
- The Five Whys for Start-Ups — an article by Eric Ries
- Taming the Squeaky Wheel — Emily's article
- Mind the Product, ProdPad — great blogs to follow
- Product Roadmaps Relaunched — a book by C. Todd Lombardo, Bruce McCarthy, Evan Ryan & Michael Connors
- Mind the Product events & local meetups
- The Daily Em — Emily's website
- Follow Emily on Twitter: @thedailyem
This episode is brought to you by Balsamiq. Dare to try new ideas and discover the best solutions without learning fancy design tools! Just drag, drop and resize elements into your wireframes — it's that easy. Try it free for 30 days at balsamiq.cloud.
Interested in sponsoring an episode? Learn more here.
Leave a Review
Reviews are hugely important because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes. Here's how.