Manage episode 224351827 series 1402029
What kind of product specs are the best to work with? How do you document your vision? Our guest today is Janna Bastow — co-founder and CEO of ProdPad, co-founder of Mind the Product, and product person at heart. You'll learn why product specs are always a work in progress, how to deal with deadlines, document your goals and tasks, and iterate based on customer feedback.
- ProdPad — Janna's product management software
- Mind the Product — Janna's community (and series of events) for product managers
- User Onboarding: The UX Behind Our Magically Extending Free Trial — Janna's article about gamified trials
- How to Write Great Product Specs — Janna's article
- Product requirements document (PRD) — a Wikipedia article
- How To Build A Product Roadmap Everyone Understands — an article by Andrea Saez at ProdPad Blog
- Why Your Roadmap Is Not A Release Plan — another article by Andrea Saez
- Marvel, InVision, Balsamiq — design & prototyping tools
- Follow Janna on LinkedIn
- Follow Janna on Twitter: @simplybastow
This episode is brought to you by Balsamiq — a low fidelity wireframing software so easy to use you'll surprise yourself. Just drag and drop elements, and get your ideas ready to share in no time! Try it free for 30 days at balsamiq.cloud.
Interested in sponsoring an episode? Learn more here.
Leave a Review
Reviews are hugely important because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes. Here's how.
142 episodes available. A new episode about every 10 days averaging 39 mins duration .