Manage episode 236127975 series 1402029
Environmental impact of the software industry is unbelievable. Luckily, there are people and companies who want to make a practical difference against global warming (as well as educate others). Our guest today is James Christie, an experience designer and founder of SustainableUX. You'll learn how to make sustainable choices about the way you work, what service providers you choose, how you design & code, and much more.
- SustainableUX — event & community we're talking about
- MadPow — a design agency where James works
- #ClickClean — reports by Greenpeace stating which companies use renewable energy (and which don't)
- Sustainable Web Design — James's famous article on A List Apart
- Squoosh — an in-browser tool for optimizing images
- Code as Craft — a blog by Etsy's engineering team
- Susty — the lightest WP theme
- B Corporations — a certification system for social and environmental performance
- Wholegrain Digital — an agency in London focused on sustainability
- SustainableUX on YouTube
- Sustaining Change: Psychology-Based Tips for Maintaining Your Momentum, with Amy Bucher
- Beaver Dams, Ants, and Spiders: Tapping into a New Solution Space, with Michelle Fehler
- Energy Efficiency and the P2P Web with Jordyn Bonds
- Future Ethics with Cennydd Bowles
- James's newsletter on Sustainable UX
- Follow James on Twitter: @JC_UX, @SustainableUX
This episode is brought to you by Airtable. With Airtable, you and your team can ideate, organize, and execute on your ambitious product vision in a single place. Quickly glance at the high level progress of all your initiatives, or drill into any of the specific details to understand how to unblock projects. Receive $50 in credit by signing up at airtable.com/uibreakfast.
Interested in sponsoring an episode? Learn more here.
Leave a Review
Reviews are hugely important because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes. Here's how.
144 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 36 mins duration .