Manage episode 243877192 series 1402029
Great copy can turn your SaaS marketing website into a money-making machine. But how do you get it right? Our guest today is Josh Garofalo, a SaaS copywriter and consultant at Sway Copy. You'll learn why customer research is the most important step in the copywriting process, how exactly to approach the key pages of your website, and what mistakes to avoid.
- Sway Copy — Josh's consultancy
- Copyhackers, ConversionXL — great copywriting resources
- Amazon, Capterra — places for customer research
- 12 Voice of the Customer Methodologies To Generate a Goldmine of Customer Feedback
- JTBD.info — a website on Jobs to be Done, run by Alan Klement
- Hotjar, FullStory — tools for better understanding customer behavior
- Userlist — Jane's SaaS product
- Episode 133: SaaS Pricing with Patrick Campbell
- Tom's Planner — a project management tool, one of Josh's case studies
- How Long Should Your Pages Be? — an article by Joanna Wiebe on levels of awareness
- This Sentence Has Five Words — a lesson from Gary Provost on varying sentence length
- Get in touch with Josh
- Follow Josh on Twitter: @swaycopy
This episode is brought to you by Gusto. Gusto offers payroll, benefits, HR, and management tools for small businesses. Automatically file and pay your taxes. Sign, store, and organize employee paperwork online. Choose from hundreds of benefits plans to fit nearly any budget. Fast, easy, all in one place! And if you want your business to be all set up by 2020, you don’t want to wait. Sign up today at gusto.com/uibreakfast and get three months free when you run your first payroll.
Interested in sponsoring an episode? Learn more here.
Leave a Review
Reviews are hugely important because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes. Here's how.