Manage episode 196384935 series 1402029
Meaningful motion can make a huge difference in your product, yet it's so often overlooked! Our guest today is Adrian Zumbrunnen, a designer and engineer at Google. We discuss how to approach motion strategically, who's responsible for the implementation, how to document transitions when you hand off your work, and how to "breathe life" into an existing web app.
- Google Lens, Google Assistant — Google products Adrian is currently working on
- Smart Transitions In User Experience Design — Adrian's article in Smashing Magazine
- Meaningful Motion in Design — Adrian's recent talk
- UX Bear — Adrian's chatbot collaboration with UX Design Collective (more details in this post)
- Disney's Twelve Basic Principles of Animation
- Spatial Interfaces, Transitional Interfaces — must-read articles by Pasquale D’Silva
- Animate.css — a cross-browser library of CSS animations
- Brutalist Websites — a collection of websites demonstrating the brutalism trend
- Userlist.io — Jane's new SaaS product with Benedikt Deicke and Claire Suellentrop
- Adrian's website
- Follow Adrian on Twitter: @azumbrunnen_
This episode is brought to you by Balsamiq. A Balsamiq customer recently called it “the only wireframing tool that doesn’t make me feel stupid.” Try the new web app free for 30 days at balsamiq.cloud — you’ll be productive in no time!
Interested in sponsoring an episode? Learn more here.
Leave a Review
Reviews are hugely important because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes. Here's how.