Manage episode 204750441 series 1927887
Matt Pearce is a police officer for the city of Fort Worth, Texas. He was shot 5 times by a wanted criminal in a heated pursuit. He should have died as many major organs were hit, yet he survived and returned to the police force after 20 months of recovery. In this episode:
- Chasing down the suspect
- How to survive with split-second decision making skills
- Fighting through recovery with goals in mind
- Why reaching out to others who have gone through similar circumstances is so beneficial
- Life as a police officer - how is life different than the normal citizen's?
- Respect - why it is important in and out of the streets
- The best things about being a cop and the city of Fort Worth
Matt can be reached through the Fort Worth Police Department Facebook page. Watch the video footage of his pursuit of the criminal.
70 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 51 mins duration .