Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on June 19, 2019 16:18 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next hour. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 225088717 series 1927887
John Peck served as a Marine in Iraq and Afghanistan. During his second deployment, an IED detonated after he stepped on it, and he lost all four of his limbs. After a long road to recovery, he received a double arm transplant and became the second veteran ever to receive this life-changing surgery. He has regained motor function in his arms and he can accomplish numerous tasks that most never thought he would be able to again. In this episode:
- Being broke down and built back up during Hell Week in the Marines
- The brotherhood mindset in the military
- Excitement to deploy
- No regrets in serving as a Marine and sustaining injuries
- 1st tour of duty to Iraq: enduring a frontal tear in his brain lobe that led to a 21 year loss of memory
- 2nd tour of duty to Afghanistan: stepping on an IED and losing all 4 limbs
- The pain of divorce after losing his limbs
- Overcoming suicidal thoughts by learning that he can find love as an amputee
- Becoming the second veteran ever to receive a double arm transplant
- Relearning how to wiggle his fingers
- Throwing out the first pitch with new arms at a baseball game
You can follow John at "John Peck's Journey" on Facebook. He has a new book coming out on May 7th called Rebuilding Sergeant Peck that you will be able to find in any bookstore.
68 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 50 mins duration .