Manage episode 123418579 series 123744
Unsupported Operation 77
- JRuby smokes normal Ruby
- Apache Camel seems to be getting strong enough so that Red Hat purchased Fuse Source
- Mule 3.3 released
- IntelliJ IDEA 12 “Leda” EAP opened
- New compiler mode brings eclipse like continuous compilation, and other improvements.
- Eclipse 4.2 released
- Eclipse Xtend 1.0 released
- Ceylon Milestone 3 was released, with a new JS compiler - discussed on the latest JBoss Asylum podcast.
- Weka is a new data mining tool from the University of Waikato - It includes an extensive series of pre-implemented machine learning algorithms, including well known classification and clustering algorithms. If you’ve ever been curious how Bayes Theorem works, this is a great tool to get up and running.
- IO obviously happened this week:
- New JellyBean, but not sure what new APIs
- Cloud messaging grows up
- Google Now - event reminders with estimated travel times to destination, advance Siri beating voice search etc. etc.
- New Google TV APIs
- New YouTube APIs
- Web Intents
- Google Compute Engine
- Adobe has killed Flash for Android 4.1
- Mark and I used Party Mode on a trip today, worked great! Remember to turn your calendar from “yes accept any and all invitations” to “no” if thats what its setting is and you want to be more careful.
- Oddly - the photo I took when in Party Mode never uploaded...
- Google did not gloat at IO about Oracle case as far as I saw
- GWT 2.5 RC/beta?
- GWT control seeded to external standards group/organisation/steering committee - Red Hat coming on board, Vaadin, and others
- Vaadin 7 Alpha 3 also released
- now includes full GWT for client side JS development, new navigation apis, js execution apis, JS based components,
- 2.0 released
- a static type checker to let the compiler tell you about the correctness of your code,
- static compilation for the performance of the critical parts of your application,
- modularity, splitting the Groovy JAR into smaller feature-oriented JARs and letting you create your own extension modules,
- JDK 7 Project Coin syntax enhancements, so that Groovy is still as friendly as possible with its Java cousin,
- and JDK 7 Invoke Dynamic integration to benefit from the support of the JVM for dynamic languages.
- Grails 2.1.0-RC3
- Greame Rocher happy with Grails smoking Play.
- Did we say Gradle went 1.0?
- Amazon EC2 down and took out Instagram, Netflix, and lots of others, followed up by a leap second bug taking out java apps everywhere - YAY.