The Fragmented Podcast is a podcast for Software Developers hosted by Donn Felker and Kaushik Gopal. Our goal is to help you become a better Software Developer. We chat about topics such as Testing, Dependency Injection, Patterns and Practices, useful libraries, and much more. We will also be interviewing some of the top developers out there. Subscribe now and join us on the journey of being a Software Developer.
Manage episode 123418573 series 123744
By Mark Derricutt, Richard Vowles, Mark Derricutt, and Richard Vowles. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
- JDK 8 build b90 - closures work well on my Mac, except for when using the method handler reference i.e. Integer::parseInt
- TestNG 6.8.5 released, along with new Eclipse plugin
- Gerrit 2.5.4 released, small security upgrade, 2.6rc3 out, along with 2.7rc1 ( two RC’s out concurrently is odd, I knew the Doctor crossing his timelines would have repercussions ).
- OSDC NZ2013 website now live - now sure when that actually happened. If there was ever a developer focused conference in NZ to go to - I think this would be the more appropriate.
- JavaFX Gradle Plugin 0.3
- IntelliJ IDEA 13 EAP opened
- Introducing Android Studio - new IntelliJ IDEA based IDE for Android, wither Eclipse?
- New shiny Google+
- Google Cloud APIs
- Announces new REST plans for 2.3 - chooses Spring HATEOS
- release-pom plugin
- License Maven Plugin 1.5
- Maven Dependency Plugin 2.8 Released
- Maven Site Plugin 3.3 Released
- Maven Project Info Reports Plugin version 2.7 Released
- GString Maven Plugin - as heard on the last IA - Richard loves his gstrings.
- getclojure.org - search for usages of function compositions
- Grojure 0.7 - Groovy like syntax for Clojure
- Screencast on using Clojure + Sublime Text
- Scalabitz launched this week - new news site collating everything Scala orientated.
- Scalabitz led me to g8ling - a website cataloging giter8 templates.
- Giter8 itself is a Scala based project templating tool, similar to maven archetypes but project/language independent (tho mostly used by scala), template projects are stored on github.
Next Codelounge: Docker