Africa-focused technology, digital and innovation ecosystem insight and commentary.
Manage episode 123418572 series 123744
By Mark Derricutt, Richard Vowles, Mark Derricutt, and Richard Vowles. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
- Not really “new”, but I rediscovered the fact that since Git 1.8.2, that submodules now support following a branch rather than a fixed commit SHA1 - this actually makes them somewhat usable.
- JDK8 Build 91 available - Sadly, this didn't fix my method handle issue.
- Atlassian JIRA 6 was released - teases with Bamboo 5 updates
- Yourkit Profiler 2013 EAP launched, personal licences only US$99 until June 4, 2013.
- Spring 4 announced, indicates support for JSE8 and Groovy 2 as the first class language, pushing Groovy 2 bigtime.
- Action Launcher Pro 1.7 for Android was released - best launcher ever. Adds support for icon packs and just makes it that bit more... awesome.
- Big changes for Redline Smalltalk - now scans classpath for .st files, so works nicely with artifacts/jar files etc. etc.
- Google Code removes file downloads
Maven - Spotlight Plugin of the Week
- Apache Maven 3.1-alpha-1 available for testing/voting. Release Notes.
- Maven ShadePlugin, version 2,1 supporting the above 3.1 release
- Open Web Beans 1.2
- Apache Ant 1.9.1
- Apache Wicket 6.8
- Commons-Logging 1.1.3 (please still remove it from your archives)
- Subversion 1.8-rc2
- JSPWiki incubating 2.9.1
- MD did a short clojure-maven-plugin history presentation at the 2nd Auckland Clojure Meetup, this seems to have awaked the bug reporters...
- Released 1.3.16 and then followed up with 1.3.17 of the clojure-maven-plugin
- Scala 2.10.2-RC1 now available
- dispatch 0.10.1 released, HTTP client library
- Scala on Android - new book from Lean Pub, being written by Geoffroy Couprie (@gcouprie)