Manage episode 199335726 series 1537446
Christian Guardino is a 17-year-old singer who competed last year on America’s Got Talent and made it to the semifinals. Christian was diagnosed with Leber congenital amaurosis (LCA) as an infant, and his vision continually declined as he got older. At 13, he entered the RPE65 gene therapy clinical trial being conducted by the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and Spark Therapeutics. Since then, Christian has enjoyed a 75–80 percent improvement in his vision. Currently, Christian is serving as a Champion for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.
Listen to this episode and learn:
- What it was like growing up with limited eyesight
- How facebook helped Christian’s mother find the answer to a cure for his disease
- Christian’s advice for others going through a difficult time
- How Christian fulfilled his dream of performing in front of Simon Cowell.
- What is was like work with Grammy award winning songwriter Sacha Skarbvek and American Idol winner Jordin Sparks
59 episodes available. A new episode about every 8 days averaging 25 mins duration .