Manage episode 201175241 series 2068573
10 whole episodes, guys! The big 1-0! In this episode we finally lay to rest which city is best, NYC or CHI. Who will reign supreme in this epic throwdown between the Big Apple and the Windy City?!
But, really, it’s not that dramatic. We recently visited both New York City and Chicago on weekend trips and very much enjoyed each experience. But, there must only be one winner... So you know what we mention in the episode, here are the links for each city:
Places to stay
- CHI: Wicker Park airbnb we stayed in was so great!
- NYC: Geo hates Williamsburg in Brooklyn but, it is a popular spot
- CHI: Delicious deep-dish pizza at Lou Malnatis, Mexican food at Rick Bayless's Frontera Grill CORRECTION Stephanie Izard’s restaurant is Girl and the Goat not girl and the pig
- NYC: Marcus Samuelsson's Red Rooster in Harlem serves up a mighty bird but, don't miss Sylvias's next door which is an institution since 1962 and has some killed mac and cheese.
- CHI: Speakeasy in Chicago The Violet Hour
- NYC: Actual speakeasy in The Village operating since 1852 McSorley's Old Ale House
Wanderer Travel Tip: Seek out a neighborhood ahead of time and focus on a smaller area to explore to get a better sense of the city instead of spending your time commuting between sites and neighborhoods.
Ahem, hey @Wendy
23 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 30 mins duration .