Manage episode 240579417 series 1849529
They talk about:
- How David came to be interested in René Girard’s work.
- The explanation for why human desires are usually borrowed from each other.
- Mimesis and society’s role models.
- How Christianity has influenced society.
- The human fascination with conflict and drama.
- What religion can teach us.
- How Girardian philosophy applies to criminal justice, foreign policy, and government.
Thanks for listening — if you like what you hear, please review us on your favorite podcast platform.
Check us out on the web at villageglobal.vc or get in touch with us on Twitter @villageglobal.
Venture Stories is brought to you by Village Global, is hosted by co-founder and partner, Erik Torenberg and is produced by Brett Bolkowy.