Manage episode 205262342 series 1421122
April 29, 2018 THE HOLY SPIRIT……Now what?
The first step
.... is in many ways the most difficult. Leaving behind a life-time of prejudices and traditions and routines. That's what Peter was asking of the crowd gathered on the Day of Pentecost in Acts 2. Repent and turn away from your sins. Be baptized into the name of the one who just weeks before you crucified. Receive His Holy Spirit.
The steps to salvation were difficult but clear. And after several thousand in the crowd took the first steps of faith in Jesus Christ, the next question was natural:
It's an important question to ask, not just at the beginning of a faith journey but at the start of every day in that journey. Now what, Lord? Yesterday is gone. Today is here. Tomorrow awaits. What would you have me do now?
John Wesley had a prayer that helps clarify that question. It is a prayer for the start of the journey with Christ - and every day thereafter:
- I am no longer my own, but yours.
- Put me to what you will, rank me with whom you will;
- put me to doing, put me to suffering;
- let me be employed for you, or laid aside for you,
- exalted for you, or brought low for you;
- let me be full,
- let me be empty,
- let me have all things,
- let me have nothing:
- I freely and wholeheartedly yield all things
- to your pleasure and disposal.
- And now, glorious and blessed God,
- Father, Son and Holy Spirit,
- you are mine and I am yours. So be it.
- And the covenant now made on earth, let it be ratified in heaven.
- Pastor Bob
177 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days .