Manage episode 292225115 series 2533172
A LONG TIME AGO ON VERONICA MARS:
• SPRING BREAK!! Neptune is full of douchey boys and drunk girls, what could possibly go wrong??
• What goes wrong? A bomb goes off at the party motel, that’s what’s wrong! Killing four people, one of whom is the nephew of El Despiadado, a MEXICAN CRIME LORD oh Rob Thomas, must we?
• We must, and El Despiadado must send two guys to Neptune to chop off the head of whoever’s responsible for the bombing.
• But they’re not the only family with a stake in this crime: the brother of congressman Daniel Maloof lost his hand and his fiancee, and the Maloofs hire the Marses to investigate. And Matty, the teenage daughter of the motel owner who died, is tugging at Veronica’s heartstrings.
• We also meet some new characters: pizza delivery guy Patton Oswalt - er, Penn; Mr Hu, whose supermarket is being sabotaged with rats; and super cool bar owner Nicole, who sure can punch.
• Plus we have the return of ambulance-chasing Cliff; a still-recovering Keith; and Big Dick Casablancas, who’s campaigning to Make Neptune Great Again.
• Logan is also back, and he proposes to Veronica! What a prick! And he plays with Wallace’s baby! Ugh how dare he!
Join Jenny Owen Youngs and Helen Zaltzman to investigate Veronica Mars season 4 episode 1: Spring Break Forever, and get stuck into such mysteries as why Wallace doesn't have his own adorable multi-camera sitcom already, whether Americans really do use cutesy swears like 'cockwaffle', and how come there's so much natural light in Neptune these days.
Content note: Veronica Mars contains heavy themes, and this episode includes storylines concerning murder, violence and bombing.
For more about this episode, and to read the transcript, visit the podcast’s official site http://VMIpod.com/4-01.
This episode was edited and mixed by Helen Zaltzman; the music is by Martin Austwick and Jenny Owen Youngs. Lo Dodds brings us the LoDown.
We also have MERCH - get your pins to show your love for Weevil or non-love for milk at hellomerch.com/collections/veronica-mars-investigations.
If you’d like to advertise on VMI, and for us to talk amusingly about your product or thing, contact Amanda via multitude.productions/contact.
This episode is sponsored by Dipsea, the audio app full of short, sexy stories designed to turn you on. VMI listeners get 30 days of full access for free at DipseaStories.com/veronica.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.