Manage episode 235267690 series 2436788
VMware Cloud on AWS has proven that IT infrastructure with VMware SDDC stack atop can be ordered as a cloud service; in a scalable, smooth and agile manner. But what about the scenarios where you need to have that compute power on-premises? Enter VMware Cloud on Dell EMC!
On the 21st episode of Virtual Stack Podcast, Adam Bohle (Lead Cloud Specialist Systems Engineer at VMware) and I discuss about VMware Cloud on Dell EMC, which has just been announced at Dell Technologies World in March. This is an Edge-as-a-Service solution, which will bring VMware SDDC stack on top of Dell EMC’s VxRail hyper-converged infrastructure as a cloud service.
Virtual Stack is available on all major apps: Apple Podcast, Spotify, Google Podcast, Stitcher and more.
Hope you enjoy the show. Feel free to share your feedback via Twitter (@emregirici), LinkedIn or virtualstack.tech.
- 02:00 - Intro
- 04:30 - What is VMC on Dell EMC and what has been announced at DT World in March?
- 07:30 - What are the main use cases and which industries does this solution fit better?
- 14:00 - Main differentiators of VMware Cloud on Dell EMC in this competitive market.
- 16:45 - Edge Computing, Device Edge and Cloud Edge.
- 20:30 - Software, hardware and service components of the solution
- 24:00 - Security and data privacy aspects of this solution.
- 26:00 - Participating in Beta, delivery timelines of the solution
- 30:00 - Are there any plans to create a platform to manage Edge, Cloud and Private Cloud workloads from the same interface?
- 33:10 - What’s VMC on AWS Outposts? How’s it related to the VMC on DellEMC?
- 36:15 - Closing notes, contact information
21 episodes available. A new episode about every 13 days averaging 42 mins duration .