Manage episode 225984706 series 2202722
Right now, in this moment, you have the power to heal your mind and body by tapping into higher realms of consciousness and wisdom. Today, you can start on a journey that will lead you to freedom from mental, emotional, and physical disease by becoming receptive to some new possibilities for taking back your power and healing.
Many people that I’ve worked with over the years have lost their brilliance and power by turning it over to others. Whether it be a friend, a spouse, a teacher, or a doctor - what they usually don’t understand is that by just taking on someone else’s point of view and allowing them to be the “expert” in their lives, they're disempowering themselves.
My first guest, Glenn Livingston, Ph.D., is a veteran psychologist who spent several decades researching the nature of bingeing and overeating. He joins me today to share his personal journey out of obesity and emotional eating, and how we can learn and implement strategies in our lives to never binge again.
My second guest, Nancy Gretzinger ED. D, is a CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate) volunteer and a Parent Surrogate. She joins me today to discuss the importance of being the CEO of our own health and how having a medical advocate can help us make the right choices for our bodies and overall well-being.
Tapping into higher realms of consciousness and wisdom to heal our minds and bodies
- Why always allowing others to be the “experts” of our bodies and health can be dangerous
- Paying attention to the warning signs that our bodies give us and getting to their cause
- Emotional associations with food memories and patterns that help create unhealthy habits
- Focusing on rules opposed to guidelines to eliminate decisions that deplete our willpower
- Learning how to break the negative patterns of “unconscious” eating and bingeing
- Why we need a medical advocate, how to find one, and what they can do to help us
- What we should expect from medical personnel and how to prepare for an appointment
- How to approach a doctor in an effective and purposeful way that best serves our needs
- Confrontation vs. “carefrontation” and having the courage to be our own medical advocate
61 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 56 mins duration .