Manage episode 229478214 series 2202722
The adult obesity rate in the U.S. is at or above 35% in seven different states, and at least 30% in 29 states. Are we digging our graves with our mouths? What’s happening here?
Just as we have laws that regulate traffic on the streets, there are laws that we need to follow with our health as well. If we don't follow the appropriate health laws, we experience fatigue, pain, misery, unhealthiness, and even disease.
If you're serious about improving your health, having great energy, and maybe shedding some weight, then it's really important to have the right information so that you can make sure you do so in a way that's best for you long term.
My guest today, Robert Ferguson, is a well-known nutrition and fitness expert, author, host, and producer, who is recognized as one of "America’s leading voices on wellness and weight loss." He joins me today to talk about the significance of measuring our BFI (Body Fact Index) versus the standard BMI (Body Mass Index).
Robert also shares information about how we can lose the "right kind" of weight, cook healthy, fat burning meals that speed up our metabolism, and change the path of childhood obesity in America.
- The obesity epidemic in America, who it's impacting, and how it's actually affecting us
- Health laws we need to follow to avoid suffering from poor health, low energy, and disease
- Why obesity levels are continuing to rise in our country and what we can do to change this
- The common causes of obesity and why measuring our BMI (Body Mass Index) is inaccurate
- Understanding body composition and fat percentage rather than just a number on a scale
- What we need to know about gaining or losing the "right" versus the "wrong" type of weight
- Empowering children by educating them about their bodies and how to live a healthy lifestyle
- Making balanced, fat-burning meals that help boost metabolism and promote weight loss
- How we can get rid of our excess fat through the food we eat and the way we move our body
- Why current diet trends like Keto can actually cause more harm than good to our overall healt
56 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 56 mins duration .