#136 Steve Kerr, 8x NBA Champion player and coach, on developing your culture and being a great coach
Manage episode 244326082 series 1417926
- How an NFL Football Coach helped Coach Kerr develop a coaching philosophy
- How to get players to buy in to core values of a coach
- What do effective coaches have in common? Authority and Humanity
- What percentage of coaching is strategic?
- “Never let a player rot at the end of a bench."
- Why has Coach Kerr let his players run the time outs?
- What is the role of “Love” in coaching?
- What are the ingredients needed for a great culture?
- Cultural Architects vs Cultural Assassins
- How do you build a culture when there is high turnover?
- Having the confidence and the vulnerability to be honest with your team
- Coach Kerr gives his thoughts on how what to ask the parents of a young athlete in order to coach more effectively
- Web: https://changingthegameproject.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ctgprojecthq
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ChangingTheGameProject/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ctgprojecthq/
- iTunes: http://bit.ly/wocpodcast
- Downloadable transcripts of the podcasts, so you don't have to crash your car trying to take notes!
- A monthly discussion with John, James, Jerry, and other special guests talking about the previous month's episodes and answering some of the FAQs we received that month
- A code to get free access to our online course called "Coaching Mastery," usually a $97 course, but yours for free for becoming a patron.
- Access to an online community of coaches like you who are dedicated listeners of the podcast, and will be able to answer your questions and share their coaching experiences.