This series is archived ("HTTP Redirect" status)Please note series archiving is a new, experimental, feature of Player FM with the aim of helping users understand how we fetch series and report on any issues.
Replaced by: WDW Prep To Go - a Disney World planning podcast
When? This feed was archived on September 20, 2017 19:42 (). Last successful fetch was on December 12, 2017 01:52 ()
Why? HTTP Redirect status. The feed permanently redirected to another series.
What now? If you were subscribed to this series when it was replaced, you will now be subscribed to the replacement series. This series will no longer be checked for updates. If you believe this to be in error, please check if the publisher's feed link below is valid and contact support to request the feed be restored or if you have any other concerns about this.
Manage episode 108337144 series 88574
I know how stressful it can be to try to get ready to make dining and FastPass+ reservations, so I've got some tips today on how to prepare.
I also have a quick tip about a site that makes it easy to look for current dining reservation openings.
These are notes from this episode. There's much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Preparing for reservations
Before making any reservations, make sure you do these things:
- Set up your My Disney Experience account
- Make sure everybody you want to make reservations for is either listed in your MDE account or you're linked to them as friends
- Use your computer and not the mobile app
- Log out and back in a few minutes before it's time to make your reservations
For Advance Dining Reservations:
- For on-site guests, these can be made online at 6 a.m. eastern time, 180 days before their trip begins. For off-site guests, these can be made online at 6 a.m. eastern time, 180 days before the day they want to eat there.
- The phone lines open up at 7 a.m. eastern time and you may want to have the number handy in case there are website issues - 407-WDW-DINE
- Have your credit card stored in the "Payment Methods" section of your profile page
- The reservations that will require payment at the time of booking are: Cinderella’s Royal Table, Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue, Spirit of Aloha, and Mickey's Backyard BBQ
- Feel free to practice ahead of time by making dining reservations and then canceling them
- Put your dining reservations in order of difficulty, not chronological order
- You can use more than 1 computer at a time to make reservations so do that if you have multiple hard-to-get restaurants on your list
For FastPass+ reservations:
- On-site guests can make these at 7 a.m. eastern time, 60 days before their trip begins. Off-site guests can make these at 7 a.m. eastern, 30 days before the day they want to use the FastPass+ reservations.
- Make sure your park tickets are linked beforehand. If you booked a package, they'll already be linked. If you bought tickets separately, you can link them through the app or website.
- Make FastPass+ reservations in order of difficulty (mostly by just putting Anna/Elsa and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at the top and everything else after that)
- People with room-only reservations can practice making FastPass+ reservations ahead of time (people with packages can't)
Use this site to monitor FastPass+ availability(Update: this tool is no longer available.)
Quick tip of the day
Try this dining search tool for an easier view of what dining reservations are open for your trip. I don't recommend using it if you're making reservations 180 days beforehand, but I do recommend it if you're under the 180 day mark. (Update: this search tool is no longer available.)
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you're used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)
271 episodes available. A new episode about every 15 days averaging 36 mins duration .