Manage episode 150594811 series 50525
Episode 84 of the Guru Performance 'We Do Science' Podcast! In this episode I (Laurent Bannock) discuss 'Impact of Non Exercise Activity'' with Professor Dylan Thompson, University of Bath, UK. In this session we get into:
- Defining 'Exercise' & 'Physical Activity'
- Non Exercise Physical Activity & Energy Expenditure (NEAT)
- Significance of Non-Exercise Physical Activity to Total Energy Expenditure
- Structured exercise as a supplemental stimulus to energy expenditure
- Impact of variability in physical activity on physiological outcomes
- Behavioural Compensation
- Testing & monitoring non-exercise physical activity & energy expenditure
- Future research
Checkout our other podcasts, video blogs and articles on all things performance nutrition at www.GuruPerformance.com
103 episodes available. A new episode about every 17 days averaging 62 mins duration .