Manage episode 282478045 series 1394353
In today’s episode, we sit down with legendary investor, Tom Gayner, Co-CEO of Markel Corporation. Markel has been referred to as a “Baby Berkshire”, because it is structured similarly to Berkshire Hathaway, and has produced stellar results.
Tom has been producing investment returns in the high teens for Markel Corp for over 30 years and was kind enough to give us incredible insight into his investment strategies and philosophies.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU'LL LEARN:
- Why investing is sometimes more “art” than science
- How a practical approach can lead to unprecedented returns
- How a frugal life leads to fulfillment
- Tom’s thoughts on index funds
- And much much more!
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
- Markel Corporation: Meet Markel
- Markel: Shareholder Letters
- Get a FREE book on how to systematically identify and follow market trends with Top Traders Unplugged.
- Make BendHSA a part of your financial well-being today.
- Automate your money with M1 Finance. Get $30 when you sign up for free today.
- Get three months free when you protect yourself with ExpressVPN, the VPN we trust to keep us private online.
- Elevate your writing with 20% off Grammarly Premium.
- Create automated investment portfolios of diversified, low-cost index funds with Wealthfront. Get your first $5,000 managed for FREE, for life.
- ring your WiFi up to speed with Orbi WiFi 6 from NETGEAR.
- Take your business to the next level by hiring the right people with ZipRecruiter.
- Push your team to do their best work with Monday.com Work OS. Start your free two-week trial today.
- Preston, Trey & Stig’s tool for picking stock winners and managing our portfolios: TIP Finance Tool
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors
GET IN TOUCH WITH STIG AND TREY