Manage episode 226394030 series 1232493
This week we are talking about Côtes du Rhône white wines and the Grenache Blanc grape. In the cold weather months we tend to focus on lots of full bodied red wines and sometime we needs a break from the reds. We love white wines and winter is the perfect time to talk about medium to full bodied whites which is why we are talking about whites from Côtes du Rhône.
- Nose of white flowers, paypa and minerality
- It’s dry with medium body, medium plus acidity and flavors of white flowers, lime and pineapple
- This wine is bordering on high acid so best to pair with food
- If you are looking for a white wine to showcase white Cote du Rhone wines this is it. It’s got ripe fruit, floral aromas and flavors, balance of body and acid - rich, not too light but not fat and flabby
- You can purchase this wine at Total Wine by clicking here
Domaine de la Présidente Cotes du Rhone Villages Cairanne Blanc Prestige 2015 - priced around $15.
- Nose of mango, apple and orange blossom
- It’s dry with medium body, medium plus acidity with flavors very similar to aromas - white flowers, tropical fruits, apple
- The nose of this wine is intoxicating smells very fruity and fresh given its age
- Plus, it has a great texture and weight to it without being too heavy, the blending with Viognier keeps this wine from becoming flabby.
- This wine can age 3-5 years after release so if you pick up a younger vintage and are willing to wait it will continue to develop and transform for the better over time
- You can purchase this wine at Total Wine by clicking the link here