Manage episode 226928871 series 1232493
This week we are featuring my interview with Alan Baker and Serena Lourie, the founders and Owners of Cartograph Wines out of Healdsburg, CA.
Wine Recommendations - These wines were sent to us as samples.
2017 Green Ranch Riesling - priced around $29.
- Hands down one of the best dry Rieslings I've ever had.
- Very fruity with flavors and aromas of citrus and stonefruits
- Healthy level of acidity making it a perfect pairing partner with seafood, pork or Thai dishes
- Delicious and worth you hard earn cash
2017 Starscape vineyard Gewurztraminer - priced around $29.
- I am a sucker for Gewurztraminer wine and this one delivers
- Very aromatic, fruit and complex with flavors and aromas of lychee (of course it's Gewurz) along with citrus, stonefruit and floral notes
- Complex, great acidity and a finish that won't quit
- Pair with Asian dishes and you won't be disappointed
2016 Cartograph Estate Pinot - priced around $68.
- Coming to you straight from the Russian River Valley, this is Cartograph first Estate Pinot
- Lots of red fruits: cherries, raspberries with hints of orange blossoms and a slight herbal quality
- Also the perfect balance of acid and tannins that coated my mouth and inviting me in for another sip (or glass or two)
- I think pairing this with a mushroom based dish will really make this wine sing