Manage episode 227794842 series 1232493
It’s time for another four wines. Every couple of months we talk about four random wines that don’t fit in an upcoming episode. All four of the wines featured in this week’s episode were sent to us as press samples. But regardless if we purchase the wine or get it for free we always give our honest opinion and only talk about wines we really enjoyed.
Valdo 1926 Cuvee NV - priced around $14.
- This is a sparkling wine is made from 90% Glera, 10% Chardonnay
- Fresh aromas of tropical fruits - starfruit, papaya, and pineapple as well as some floral notes
- It’s off dry with medium plus acidity and flavors very similar to aromas - tropical fruits and flowers
- This wine is everything I like about sparkling wine fresh, fruity and crisp. The bubbles give this wine a soft and luxurious texture and it has just the right amount of sweetness
- Pair with wine with brunch, fresh fruits or dessert like a fruit tart
Maryhill Viognier 2017 - priced around $19.
- Aromas of pear, melon, nectarine and pineapple
- It’s dry with medium plus acidity and medium light body with flavors of grapefruit, pineapple, and nectarine
- This wine is great if you want something crisp and light.
- It went great with Indian food but it does have 14% ABV so watch the spice level on your dish
- You can purchase this wine right from Maryhill's website
Tintonegro Uco Valley Malbec 2017 - priced around $17.
- Tinonergo mean black wine in Spanish which is fitting Malbec from Mendoza is known for its dark, blackish color
- Aromas of dark fruit, dusty earth and a hint of baking spice
- It’s dry with medium acidity and medium, smooth tannins with juicy, ripe flavors of dark cherries, blackberries and black plum
- If you are looking for a fruity and approachable wine this is a winner. Enough acid to pair with food and enjoyable on its - the best of both worlds.
- Food Pairing Option: Skirt Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
- This wine has aromas of dark fruits , dusty earth, rose and Chinese 5 spice
- It’s dry with medium acidity, medium tannins and medium body with flavors of dark fruits, rose, salty mushrooms, with a hint of bitter greens on the finish
- A Lot going on in this wine - floral, savory, herbal
- Great great balance of acidity and tannins
- Don’t see a lot of varietal wines made from Mourvèdre so if you are looking for something unique this is a great option.