Manage episode 228818615 series 1232493
This week we are talking about Alexander Valley AVA. Alexander Valley AVA is a Californian American Viticultural Area located in the northern end of Sonoma County. It is the largest and most fully planted wine region in Sonoma with 14,449 acres of vines out of 32,536 acres of land.
Alexander Valley Vineyards Rose 2017 - priced around $15.
- Bright pink rose wine with aromas of strawberries, watermelon, raspberries and minerality
- It’s dry, unoaked style rose that has a light body, medium plus acidity with flavors similar to aromas - strawberries, watermelon and minerality
- Love the intense aromas and flavors
- This is everything I want in a rose - crisp, fruity, refreshing, takes my mind to summertime
Broc Cellars Carignan 2013 - priced around $30.
- Red wine with aromas of cran-cherries, cloves and dusty earth
- It’s dry with medium acidity, tannins and body with flavors of cherries, mint and leather
- Very approachable, interesting, unique wine - not a lot of old vine Carignan out there in California