Manage episode 233986712 series 1232493
This week we are talking about Northern Greece. This is week two of our Greek wine series. Part one was a general overview of Greek wine history and information so be sure to listen to that episode if you haven’t already.
- Very aromatic wine with aromas of peach, honeydew, papaya, orange blossom and beeswax
- It’s dry with a light body, medium plus acidity and flavors similar to aromas - tropical fruits, floral and that beeswax again
- Love this wine especially not that we are finally getting some warm weather after a long winter.
- This definitely reminds me of summer - It’s light, fruity, crisp
- Reminds me of a warmer climate Riesling with those beautiful intense fruity aromas
- Food Pairing: Excellently married with green salads, baked vegetables, pasta, low fat fishes and a wide variety of Greek seafood
Domaine Costa Lazaridi Amethystos Rouge 2015 - priced around $20.
- This wine is a red blend of Cabernet Sauvignon 70%, Merlot 20%, Agiorgitiko 10%
- It has aromas of red cherries, raspberries and a strawberry licorice smell as well as a little smoked meat and dusty aromas
- It’s dry with medium plus acidity, medium tannins, full body and flavors similar to aromas - red fruits, earth and meat.
- the nose on this wine is super fruity and candy like which is really fun
- This wine is approachable and we believe who appeal to a lot of folks
- the Merlot really helps to soften the tight structure Cabernet Sauvignon tends to have as well as add more fruit flavors and aromas
- According to the producer, In the right conditions it can age past 2025
- Food Pairings: red meats like lamb but also red sauce beef casserole or soft mature cheeses like brie or Camembert.