Manage episode 236083968 series 1232493
It's time for us to recommended so amazing wines we recently tasted. Cheers!!!
Hunky Dory Tangle 2016 - priced around $15.
- This wine is a white blend of 58% Pinot Gris, 38% Gewurztraminer and 4% Riesling
- Aromas of peaches and apricots, white flowers and a hint of lychee
- It’s dry with medium acidity, light body and flavors similar to aromas - stonefruit, white flowers and lychee
- Dry aromatic, light white wine for summer with enough acidity to pair with dishes like Pad Thai, curries or seafood dishes.
Unculin Bierzo Tinto 2017 - priced around $19.
- This deep red wine has aromas of candied cherries, raspberries and strawberries almost like red licorice and dusty earth
- It’s dry with medium plus acidity, light to medium tannins, full bodied with flavors of red fruits, black pepper, mushroom and earth
- Very sweet smelling wine but it’s a dry, rich and more savory tasting wine
Famille Perrin Gigondas La Gille 2016 - priced around $24.
- We received this wine as a press sample
- From Gigondas which is one of the nine Crus in Southern Rhone area of France
- Reds from this area are sometimes referred to as a cheaper alternative to Châteauneuf-du-Pape
- Famille Perrin is one of the leading organic wine growers of the Southern Rhône Valley
- Blend of Grenache and Syrah
- This wine has aromas of dark fruits like black plum and blackberries as well as earth and baking spices
- It’s a dry, full bodied wine with medium acidity and tannins with flavors of black fruits, vanilla, earth and dark coco
- If we would have found this at a wine tasting, we would have totally purchase this.
- Very complex, well made and great balance and harmony between those velvety tannins and acidity
- Pair with dishes like meaty stews, braised dishes and lamb shanks, as well as burgers and sausages
Coturri Carignane 2016 - priced around $29.
- It’s technically a blend of mostly Carignane with Syrah and Petite Sirah
- Aromas black cherries, black plum and baking spices
- It’s a dry, full bodied wine with medium plus acidity and tannins with flavors of black cherries, black plum, blueberries and vanilla
- Loved the depth of fresh fruit flavors with great balance and complexity that keeps you coming back for another sip
- Recommended Food pairings: Roasted meats. Miso glazed tofu steaks.