Manage episode 237940402 series 1232493
This week features our interview with Theodora Lee or also known as Theo-patra, Queen of the Vineyards. She is the owner and founder of Theopolis Vineyards in Yorkville Highlands of Anderson Valley.
Wine Featured in this episode - These wines were sent to us as samples by Theopolis Vineyards.
2016 Yorkville Highlands Symphony - priced around $22
- Light lemon color white wine
- Aromas of peaches, mango and white flowers
- It's dry with light to medium body, medium acidity with light flavors similar to aromas - white flowers and peaches
- Very floral tasting wine with a long beautiful finish
- Great to pair with seafood, spicy food, Southeast Asian food or just sipping on the summer day.
2016 Estate Grown Rosé Of Petite Sirah - priced around $25
- This wine has a interesting deep orange/pink hue
- Aromas of fresh cherries, cranberries and roses
- this wine is dry with a light body, medium plus acidity and flavors pretty much the same as the aromas.
- This Rosé is very different from most rose wines we've tried - it's more intense with different flavor profile thanks to the Petite Sirah.
- Pair on a hot day or with foods like grilled meats, flavorful vegetarian fare, seafood, spicy foods and tomato laden Italian cuisine
2017 Yorkville Highlands Pinot Noir - priced around $42
- A light garnet color
- This wine has aromas of earth, cherries and cranberries
- it's dry with a light body, medium acidity, light tannins and flavors of cherries and earth
- This is a delicate and beautiful Pinot that gave us Willamette Valley vibes
- Pair with pork, salmon, tuna, and roasted mushrooms
2016 Estate Grown Petite Sirah - priced around $39
- Deep purple colored wine
- Aromas of black cherries, black plum and sweet baking spices
- it's dry with medium plus acidity and tannins, full bodied, with flavors of dark fruits, spice and dusty earth
- Smells sweet and fruity but taste more savory and the tannins give this wine a really lovely texture.
- A very lush and fruity wine and a great option is you are looking for something big and bold.
- barbecue, stews, braised and grilled beef, pot roast, veal, wild game, oxtails, charcuterie, lamb, sausage or dark chocolate