Manage episode 239148108 series 1232493
It’s time for another four wines episode. Every couple of months we talk about four different wines we've tasted recently and want to share with our listeners.
Famille Hugel Gentil 2016 - priced around $12.
- This white blend has a light lemon color with aromas of lemon pith, nectarines, white flowers and minerality
- It’s dry with medium plus acidity and flavors similar to aromas - stonefruit, lemon and white flowers
- This was is very aromatic - fruity and floral and a really light, crisp and tasty wine
Willamette Valley Vineyards Riesling 2017 - priced around $14.
- Light lemon color with strong aromas of stonefruit, lemon and honeysuckle
- It’s medium sweet and medium acidity with flavors of peach, apricot, and tangerine
- Ripe, fruity wine with just the right amount of sweetness and low alcohol for spicy foods
- This wine has a lot of food pairing options: Thai, Vietnamese, Chinese, Japanese and Indian as well as German-inspired dishes like sausage and schnitzel, Mexican dishes like Chile Verde and enchiladas, and desserts like fruit tarts and pies
Cantina Colli Euganei Extra Dry Prosecco 2017 - priced around $16.
- This sparkling white wine has a pale lemon color with aromas of lemon and white flowers
- This wine has a touch of sweetness with medium plus acidity and flavors of lemon rind, white flowers and pink lady apples
- Crisp, fruity and floral, an all around lovely wine that we believe would pair with a lot of different food options
Les Hauts de Trintaudon 2010 - priced around $15.
- This wine comes from the left bank of Bordeaux from Haut-Medoc region and is a blend of 60% Cabernet Sauvignon and 40% Merlot
- This wine has a deep garnet color with aromas of dusty earth, dark fruits and pepper
- It’s dry, full bodied, medium acidity and tannins with flavors of black cherries, vanilla, and black pepper
- The tannins in this wine are silky smooth and although it has some age on it this is still a juicy, fruity wine
- Food Pairings: pair with fat meats like Beef and lamb as well as earthy mushroom dishes