Manage episode 240382654 series 1232493
This week features our interview with Fin du Fresne the winemaker at Chamisal Vineyards and Malen Wines out of the Central Coast area of California.
Wine Recommendations - We received these wines as samples but the tasting notes and opinions are ours.
2017 Rosé - priced around $22.
- A blend of Grenache, Mourvedre, Cinsault, Rolle, and Syrah
- Aromas of strawberries, watermelon, minerality and a touch of flowers
- Dry, fruity and crisp with flavors similar to aromas with a creamy texture
2018 Old Vine Rosé of Grenache - priced around $35.
- Light salmon colored wine with aromas of red berries like strawberries and cherries as well as minerality and a touch of lavender
- This wine is dry with medium plus acidity with flavors similar to aromas - red berries, minerality and lavender
- Everything we want in a Rose - intensely fruity, crisp and delicious
2018 Rosé of Mourvedre - priced around $35.
- Aromas and flavors of minerality, strawberry, watermelon and lavender
- A dry style Rosé that is very light in aromas and flavors
2017 Stainless Chardonnay - priced around $18.
- Medium golden colored wine with aromas of pineapple, golden apples and apricots
- it's dry with medium acidity and flavors of lemon, minerality and apricots
- A really great options for summer - fruity, ripe, crisp wine
2017 Monterey County Chardonnay - priced around $24.
- Light lemon color
- aromas of toasted oak, lemon and melon
- It's dry with medium body and acidity with flavors of lemon meringue pie, pineapple and apple
- Rich and creamy texted wine
- Although it's oaked and some of those flavors are there, the fruit is the star of the show
2017 Sta. Rita Hills Chardonnay - priced around $35.
- Light lemon colored wine
- a light nose of lemon, white flowers and pear
- it's dry with medium acidity and flavors of toasted oak, pear and apple
- Subtle aromas and flavors with a lovely creamy texture
2017 Edna Valley Pinot Noir - Priced around $45
- Garnet colored wine with aromas of fresh cherries, a little earth and sweet baking spices
- It's dry with medium plus acidity with flavors of cherries, earth, baking spice and a bitter note on the finish
- very juicy, vibrant tasting wine with a fair amount of complexity.