Manage episode 241496511 series 1232493
This week features our interview with viticulturist and winemaker Philippe Langner of Hesperian Wines our of Napa Valley.
Wines from Hesperian Wines - note that these wines were provided as samples to us but the opinions below are our own.
Anatomy No. 1 Cabernet Sauvignon 2014 - priced around $33
- Bordeaux-style blend of mostly Cab with a little Merlot and Syrah
- Aromas of black currents, red plum, blackberries, earth and leather
- it's dry with medium plus acidity and tannins with flavors similar to aromas - dark fruits, leather, with a little vegetal note on the finish
- This is a big, bold wine with structure bout a lot of juicy, ripe fruit
2015 Hesperian Cabernet Sauvignon - priced around $100.
- 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Deep purple color with strong aromas of fennel and dark fruits
- it's dry with medium acid and tannins with flavors of fennel, dark fruits and a herbal quality
- it's a less fruity cab and more herbal and mellow
- drink now through 2035
2015 Hesperian Cabernet Sauvignon Kitoko Vineyard - priced around $150
- 100% Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Aromas of dark fruits, violets and dusty earth
- it's dry with medium acid and tannins and flavors of dark fruits, leather and a hint of baking spices
- Bold but refined Cab that is good to drink now or if you're willing to wait will continue to evolve until 2035