Manage episode 241976672 series 1232493
This week we are talking about the Fitou AOC. Fitou is a small wine appellation in southern France that is a part of the larger Languedoc-Roussillon wine region area.
Maison Carrel Sous la Montagne Fitou 2016 - priced around $25.
- Deep purple color wine with aromas of candied strawberries like red Australian Licorice
- It’s dry with medium plus acidity and tannins and flavors of red fruits, rock, violets and kalamata olives
- Very fruit forward wine that smells sweet
- It’s young, wild and rustic - like a horse that hasn’t been tamed - we would recommend pairing with food or let it age for a few years to mellow it out.
Gérard Bertrand Fitou 2009 - priced around $20.
- Thanks to age this wine has the color of coca-cola like a brown-amber color
- This wine is also very sweet smelling of dried strawberries and raspberries as well as balsamic and walnut
- It’s dry with medium acidity and tannins with flavors of dried figs, molasses, balsamic reduction
- We could smell this wine all day long so intoxicating
- Wines like this makes us want to buy a bunch of wine to age and is definitely worth more than the $20 we paid for this wine