Manage episode 242523195 series 1232493
This week we are talking about Cannonau di Sardegna which is a DOC covering the entire island of Sardina.
Cantina Santa Maria La Palma Le Bombarde 2016 - priced $14.
- Blend of Cannonau and Monica di Sardegna
- This wine has aromas of cran-cherry, dusty earth and black plum
- It’s dry with medium acidity and tannins and medium body with flavors of red fruits and earth
- This is a juicy, fruity wine with the right balance of acid, tannins and body
- Food pairings: ideal with red meats, game and mature cheeses.
Costera Argiolas 2016 - priced around $17.
- Aromas of red fruit, dusty earth and a touch of flowers
- It’s dry with medium acid and tannins with flavors of cherries, raspberries and earth
- Lighter in flavors and aromas than the previous wine but still very fruity