Manage episode 243087411 series 1232493
This week we are talking about the Cahors AOC wine region located in south-west France about 100 miles east of Bordeaux.
Matayac Cahors 2016 - priced around $13.
- Aromas of blueberries, black cherries and black pepper
- It’s dry with medium plus acidity and medium plus tannins with flavors of black and blue berries, and a touch of flowers
- Juicy, ripe wine with some floral notes with nice structure perfect for pairing with food
Chateau Les Croisille Cahors Le Croizillon 2015 - priced around $19.
- Aromas of red berries like strawberries and raspberries, dusty earth and black pepper
- It’s dry with medium acidity and tannins with flavors of red plum, allspice and roses
- This wine is a little mellower in terms of acid and tannins than the previous wine
- Other otherwise very similar that the previous wine - very food friendly approachable red wine.