Manage episode 244621347 series 1232493
This week we are talking about the Mosel wine region in Germany.
Hild Elbling Sekt NV - priced around $20.
- This wine comes from the Upper Mosel area
- This wine has a pale lemon color with light aromas of lemon, apple, minerality and a hint of bread
- It’s dry with medium plus acidity and flavors of lemon rind, apple peel and minerality
- This wine is crisp, intensely fruity and what I want in a sparkling wine
- Great with cheese and cured meats
Julian Haart Riesling “1000L” 2017 - priced around $22.
- This wine has a little more sugar than would allow them to be legally called “Trocken,” or dry.
- It’s made from Fuder(s) or the traditional 1,000 liter barrel of the Mosel
- This wine has light aromas of lime, beeswax and wet rock
- It’s dry with medium acidity and flavors of lemon, grapefruit and minerality
- This has a nice round, soft texture thanks to that barrel aging
- Also, it’s fruity and not super complex but tasty wine