Manage episode 245018092 series 1232493
This week we are talking about Getariako Txakolina or also known as Txakoli de Getaria.
Gaintza Txakolina 2014 - priced around $20.
- This is the traditional wine of the region
- Slightly fizzy wine with aromas of green apple, lime and crushed granite
- It’s dry with medium plus acidity, medium light body and flavors similar to aromas
- Crisp, tart, fruity and refreshing wine
- We loved this wine and it would pair great with seafood, salads, sushi and light vegetable dishes
Ameztoi Rubentis 2018 - priced around $22.
- Very light salmon color Rose with aromas of strawberries and pink lady apples
- It’s dry with a medium light body with medium plus acidity with flavors similar to aromas plus lemon
- This rose is its own style of rose - more tart, less floral, very crisp
- It’s like a Rose influenced white wine