Manage episode 245805543 series 1232493
This week we are talking about the Wagram wine region which is a viticultural region on the banks of the Danube River in northeastern Austria.
Wimmer Czerny Familien Wagram Roter Veltliner 2017 - priced around $22.
- This wine has a Pale lemon color white wine with aromas of golden apple, lemon, honeysuckle and minerality
- It’s dry with medium light body, medium plus acidity and flavors similar to aromas - lemon peel, honeysuckle and minerality
- This wine is fruity and crisp with some beautiful floral notes and a nice long finish
Josef Ehmoser “Wagram Terrassen” Gruner Veltliner 2018 - priced around $18.
- Aromas of lemon, lime, peach, orange blossom and minerality
- It’s dry with medium acidity and flavors of peach, minerality, white flowers and lemon rind on the finish
- Fruit, crisp and a really lovely long finish
- Food pairings: Appetizers, spring salads, delicate fish and other similarly light dishes