Manage episode 248002158 series 1232493
This week we are talking about Brachetto d’Acqui. Brachetto d’Acqui is a DOCG in the Piedmont wine region of Northwest Italy.
Risata Brachetto d’Acqui 2016 - priced around $16.
- Risata is a larger producer in the area - in fact they produce the #1 seller of Moscato d’Asti in America
- Aromas of candied red berries and orange
- It’s sweet with medium plus body, medium acidity with flavors of red berries and apricot preserves
- This wine has enough acidity to stand up to the sweetness but not syrupy
- It’s very lively, bright and a real treat
- It paired well with dark chocolate so this wine can handle more intensely flavored desserts
Rinaldi Brachetto d’Acqui 2016 - priced around $30
- This sweet wine has aromas of black cherries and strawberries
- It’s medium body, medium acidity and flavors of dried apricot and red berries
- This wine was lighter in flavor, more delicate than the previous wine
- We would recommend pairing with milk chocolate, fruit tarts and creme brulee.