Manage episode 308158506 series 2848645
J Scott (he goes by "J") is an entrepreneur, investor, advisor, and co-host of The BiggerPockets Business Podcast. He has bought, built, rehabbed, sold, syndicated, and held over $70M in residential property and currently owns several hundred units. J is the author of four best-selling books on real estate investing, with sales of over 300,000 copies.
[00:01 - 04:44] J Before Real Estate
- Let’s get to know J Scott
- J looks back at his life before real estate
[04: 45 - 24:40] It’s Like a Team Sport!
- Flipping the switch from corporate
- Real Estate is a Grind
- Why Not to Become the Architect
- Two Minds Work Better
- The Process is Transferable
- Offer Value in Return
- Committing to Real Estate
- Closing is just the easy part
[24:41 - 31:35] THE FINAL FOUR
- What's the worst job that you ever had?
- Cold calling
- What's a book you've read that has given you a paradigm shift?
- What is a skill or talent that you would like to learn?
- Sales and Marketing
- What does success mean to you?
- “Being able to spend as much time as I want and need with my family.”
- Putting actions behind your words
- Connect with J Scott. Links available below
“I never discount how fortunate I was with so many things in my life. And timing is a big part of it.” - J Scott
“Not everybody is cut out to be a visionary. Not everybody is cut out to be a COO.” - J Scott
“There are other ways you can do it. And we all have skills.” - J Scott
LEAVE A 5-STAR REVIEW by clicking this link.
WHERE CAN I LEARN MORE?
Be sure to follow me on the below platforms:
None of this could be possible without the awesome team at Buzzsprout. They make it easy to get your show listed on every major podcast platform.Support the show (https://www.buymeacoffee.com/weissadvice)